Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday

Thank you so much for letting me come in this week. I am sorry that it seemed so rushed and the transition time between rooms took longer than I did anticipate. Just remember that the biggest thing I wanted to share with you while I was in your room were some of the resources that I do have for writing. When children can have access to writing centers, materials and adult support for writing they will expand and grow very quickly as writers and readers. Remember to try and build choice into their writing as much as you can. Share the pen, have word banks that relate to the units of study and give them the opportunity to write and share their writing every day. Our time was so short we did not get to the share time. At the end of journal writing, try and let two or three children share what they wrote or post their writing on news boards and in class books.

Think out of the box and use materials other than paper and pencil to write for those learners that have motor problems or who need the sensory experience and movement of something larger than a pencil.

It is always a little hard going into another teacher's classroom and not really knowing what they expect the children to do and not do within the setting. A little harder to gain and have classroom control when the environment is not the one you created or own. I really enjoyed seeing so many writers on the verge of independent writing. It is exciting seeing the transition from not thinking they are writers to knowing they are.

Please take time to comment a few times if you can on the blog. I will get the power point loaded on the blog if possible. If I am not successful, I will email it like we planned. If you could, please read it and make some comments about it as well. I would like for each of you to look at some of the links on the right and let me know what you think. The two Kid Writing sites are loaded with ideas and information. I will also be getting a little evaluation form to you after the Power Point to fill out to give me some feedback. I really do appreciate you welcoming me into your classroom home and for all that you do for our children every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment